[New Book] Storage Design and Implementation in vSphere 6 ships July 24, 2017
After 2 long years of working on my new book “Storage Design and Implementation in vSphere 6” it has finally been published on July 24, 2017.
I revised the content of the first edition to include vSphere 6 through 6.5.
- Planning and implementing Fibre Channel, FCoE, and iSCSI storage in vSphere virtualized environments
- Implementing vSphere Pluggable Storage Architecture native multipathing, SATP, PSP, plug-ins, rules, registration, and more
- Working with Active/Passive and Pseudo-Active/Active ALUA SCSI-3 storage arrays
- Maximizing availability with multipathing and failover
- Improving efficiency and value by unifying and centrally managing heterogeneous storage configurations
- Understanding Storage Virtualization Devices (SVDs) and designing storage to take advantage of them
- Implementing VMware Virtual Machine File System (VMFS) to maximize performance and resource utilization
- Working with virtual disks and raw device mappings (RDMs)
- Managing snapshots in VMFS and Virtual Volumes environments
- Implementing and administering NFS 3.0 and 4.1, VAAI, Storage vMotion, VisorFS, and VASA
- Integrating VSAN core and advanced features
- Using Virtual Volumes to streamline storage operations and gain finer VM-level control over external storage
The book is close to 1200 pages in a 2 volume set.
See links in the sidebar for buying it from Amazon. Also available at Person Education.