See my interview with #vBrownbag recorded at #VMworld 2017 featuring my new book “Storage Design and Implementation in vSphere 6”.
A book signing event is scheduled for Monday August 28 1:15pm – 2:00pm at #VMware2017 Bookstore.
After 2 long years of working on my new book “Storage Design and Implementation in vSphere 6” it has finally been published on July 24, 2017.
I revised the content of the first edition to include vSphere 6 through 6.5.
- Planning and implementing Fibre Channel, FCoE, and iSCSI storage in vSphere virtualized environments
- Implementing vSphere Pluggable Storage Architecture native multipathing, SATP, PSP, plug-ins, rules, registration, and more
- Working with Active/Passive and Pseudo-Active/Active ALUA SCSI-3 storage arrays
- Maximizing availability with multipathing and failover
- Improving efficiency and value by unifying and centrally managing heterogeneous storage configurations
- Understanding Storage Virtualization Devices (SVDs) and designing storage to take advantage of them
- Implementing VMware Virtual Machine File System (VMFS) to maximize performance and resource utilization
- Working with virtual disks and raw device mappings (RDMs)
- Managing snapshots in VMFS and Virtual Volumes environments
- Implementing and administering NFS 3.0 and 4.1, VAAI, Storage vMotion, VisorFS, and VASA
- Integrating VSAN core and advanced features
- Using Virtual Volumes to streamline storage operations and gain finer VM-level control over external storage
The book is close to 1200 pages in a 2 volume set.
See links in the sidebar for buying it from Amazon. Also available at Person Education.
Finally my book titled “Storage Impelementation in vSphere 5.0” went to print and will be available by VMworld 2012 SFO. I will have books sigining events there.
The book is available for pre-order at: